Popular Posts

Twisted


Here's my second go at styling this maxi dress; this is after I modified the twisted strap by covering the twisted part with black jersey fabric. It looks better, but I think it will be further improved by twisting the other side, because twisting the strap actually makes the dress fit better across the bust. I'm still not sure if I'll keep the black jersey accent, but I'll figure that out after the next round of modification. I foolishly forgot to take any close-up photos of the modified strap, but I'll do that the next time.

With this outfit I wore some pretty substantial heels, which I was concerned might look funny, but ultimately I was pleased with how it turned out. These shoes make me about 5'11", but still I don't think they throw the proportions off in any way. I'm really encouraged to try out some full length skirts now, so that's high on my thrift shopping list.

Shirt: H&M
Dress: Forever 21
Belt: not sure, I've had it for ages
Bangles: Amrita Singh
Socks: Sock Dreams
Boots: Doc Martens

No comments:

Post a Comment