Popular Posts

Just For Kicks


I have Fawn to thank for this dress; it was she who alerted me to the fact that All Saints was having a big sale (and still is, by the way). I'd had my eye on this dress for quite some time, but in fact it was out of stock in my size when I first discovered it. When Fawn told me about the sale, I decided just for kicks to see if it had been restocked, and lo and behold it had. Not only that but it was marked down 30%, so clearly it was meant to be.

What really made me fall in love with this dress was that it has a slate blue stripe pattern. If I have one complaint about All Saints it's that most of their clothes are solid black or gray; now to be fair, that's probably the one thing that keeps me from unloading the majority of my income there, so in a larger sense it's probably a good thing. But nevertheless, coming across All Saints items with color is something of a rarity, so color AND pattern together made this dress a must-have for me. Even though the fabric of the dress still comes across as a neutral, I could easily pair it with brighter colors and make the blue stripes stand out.

The dress has all the interesting detailing and amazing quality I've come to expect from All Saints. The shape is great for my figure because it adds volume up top and at the hips, while at the same time showing plenty of leg. It looks warm and cozy all layered up here, but it's a light enough cotton that I can also imagine wearing it with bare legs and arms (the dress is sleeveless) for a summer look. As an added bonus, that pile of fabric at the back of the neck unbuttons into a hood; I'm not sure I'd actually wear it that way, but I love that the possibility is there.

Dress: All Saints
Cardigan: thrifted
Belt: Urban outfitters
Tights: Noa Noa
Boots: Bronx

No comments:

Post a Comment