Popular Posts

Gothic Lolita


I have a soft spot for Gothic Lolita style, partly because I've been to Japan twice, and partly because it's so unique and boundary-pushing. I also love the fact that it combines so many different concepts: fantasy, punk, cosplay, goth, and so on. And though it's not really a look I'd want to try out in its entirety, there are elements of it that I can incorporate into my daily wear, such as this dress. Actually I'd call it more of a jumper, since it really is designed to be worn over a shirt.

I ordered this jumper from Fanplusfriend, a company that specializes in all sorts of fun Gothic Lolita styles, as well as cosplay costumes and a lot of steampunk looks as well. All of the clothing is very reasonably priced, they can custom fit just about any of their items, and there are different options available for fabrics. The fabric I selected for this dress is called "tender fleece," something I hadn't heard of but which turned out to be similar in texture to a cotton twill. It has a nice drape and weight, and resists wrinkling.

Because it was custom fit, the dress did take several weeks to arrive (I'm assuming it was also due to the fact that I placed my order before Halloween, which is likely an extremely busy time for them). But I'm quite happy with how it turned out, and it fits beautifully. Worn over a button-down shirt and belted, it has less of a schoolgirl vibe and to me works perfectly well as a workday outfit. If you're interested in adding some Gothic Lolita or steampunk elements to your wardrobe for not a lot of money, I'd say give Fanplusfriend a try.

Shirt: thrifted
Dress/jumper: Fanplusfriend
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Boots: All Black

No comments:

Post a Comment