Popular Posts

Building Blocks

This is just a simple casual Friday, jeans-and-t-shirt outfit, but it illustrates the importance of accessories and shoes in elevating an outfit from ordinary to interesting. By itself, the red scarf isn't even really that exciting, but paired with a dark purple shirt it gives the outfit a lot more pop. Adding the multi-colored shoes is a funky finishing touch.

I should also point out that I bought this shirt specifically because it combines eye-catching details with a comfortable, relaxed design. It cost more than I would typically pay for a long-sleeved t-shirt, but it's one of those interesting basics that makes it a snap to put together outfits that are both casual and unique. I also have plenty of basics that are truly basic, but I try to spice up my wardrobe with pieces like this when I come across them (All Saints is one of my go-to retailers for interesting basics), because when I'm pressed for time or don't want to think too hard about my outfit, they make the perfect building blocks.

Shirt: Just Angels
Scarf: H&M
Jeans: Joe's
Shoes: Fly London

No comments:

Post a Comment