Popular Posts

1912


I think this is an outfit that Tinyjunco (aka Steph) would approve of, with its romantic, Edwardian details. It was cold enough that day that I mostly kept the fur stole on, which I preferred because it brought some rich color up near my face. But it was also fun to wear so much white; I felt like this outfit is something you might wear ice skating... in say, 1912.

The jacket has been lingering in my closet for awhile because it is considerably too large and needs to be altered. But I figured in the meantime I should just belt it up and go ahead and wear it anyway, because the presence of a brand new item in my closet that can't be worn is a torture to me. You can tell from the back of the jacket just how much extra room it has.

The reason this jacket is so large is that I followed the size chart on the J. Peterman site and ordered a size up from my usual. Never having ordered from them before, I didn't realize that not only do the clothes NOT run small as the size charts indicate, they actually run a bit on the generous side, making this jacket nearly 2 sizes too big for me. But, it was the last one of its kind and was marked way down (I'd been stalking it for months), so I figured that even with paying for alterations it was still a fantastic deal.

I also ordered a shirt from J. Peterman at the same time I ordered the jacket; it was also too large, so I sent it back for an exchange. They did finally send me a replacement, but I have to say that it took an inordinate amount of time (approximately 5 weeks), and in the interim the communication was less than stellar. My biggest complaint is that there is no online form for returns or exchanges, so you have no way to ensure it was received or track the progress until the replacement (or refund) shows up -- and my inquires were met with either a vague response, or no response at all. So on the whole, though I'm pleased with the two items I ended up with in terms of style and quality, I'm pretty leery about ordering from J. Peterman again. I know a lot of people really love the company, so it's rather disappointing.  





Stole: vintage
Hat: hand knit by me
Jacket: J. Peterman
Skirt: Noa Noa
Boots: from Scoop in Copenhagen

No comments:

Post a Comment