Popular Posts

Memory Fades

This cardigan is an oldie but... well, it isn't as much of a goody as it really should be, in all honesty. I hadn't worn it in ages because I vaguely remembered it being sort of itchy, and sadly it was even itchier than I remembered. By the end of the day I had to take it off because the tattoos on my arms became raised and painful.

For anyone who doesn't have tattoos, this is a common phenomenon. Skin irritants, excessive heat, and other factors can cause even long-healed tattoos to occasionally become puffy and raised as if they're brand new. The pair of tattoos on my upper arms is several years old, but even the very first one I got, back in 1993, still gets irritated every once in awhile. What's odd is that it isn't always the entire tattoo either; sometimes it's just a small section, but it can really be uncomfortable.

By the end of the day I was cursing this sweater and vowing to pack it off to the Goodwill, but it's so darn cute that I might see if I can line the sleeves instead (the sleeves are fairly tight, otherwise I'd just put a long sleeved t-shirt under it). Just look at how great it fits me, not to mention the sweet little butterfly embroidered on the hood. That's the reason it has languished there in my closet instead of being donated years ago. So either I'll figure out a way to fix it, or else it'll languish awhile more until my memory fades and I'm suckered into enduring it again.

Sweater: Miss Me
Dress: J. Crew
Tulle skirt: Noa Noa
Boots: Miz Mooz

No comments:

Post a Comment