Popular Posts

Rainbow Beams

The sun has clearly changed its angle lately; here it was so bright that it created little rainbow beams right across my photos. Lovely for sitting in the window seat and enjoying a cup of coffee in the morning, lousy for taking pictures. I hope this doesn't mean I'm going to have to find a new photo spot for the winter months, but it may come to that if it stays sunny.

This outfit was all about comfort; no tights or thin elastic waistbands squeezing my middle, no tugging or readjustment to be done during the day, and no pinching or rubbing on my feet. Since the solid black top and solid teal skirt isn't the most exciting combination, I brought in some additional pattern and color with the scarf and socks.

The socks also helped to tie the shoes in with the rest of the outfit, since they contain both beige and black. The shoes are mostly brown, so I was afraid that they might not make sense with the black top and belt if I didn't have something to help with the transition. The other thing I've thought of doing with these shoes is changing the laces out for black ones so that I can wear them with pretty much anything.




Scarf: Promod
Shirt: H&M
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Bracelet: Amrita Singh, via Gilt
Skirt: LA Made
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Fly London

No comments:

Post a Comment