Popular Posts

Our day

Today

6:38 - I wake up, go to the bathroom, marvel that Isaac is still asleep. I write my to do list and read a book.
7:14 - Isaac wakes up. I bring him back to bed and we nurse in bed.
7:50 - Breakfast time. Isaac has half a banana and a slice of buttered toast. I have a homemade latte and oatmeal.
8:45 - Charlotte (I trade babysitting with her mom once a week. It rocks.) arrives. We color, wear hats, watch seasame street, jump on the bed, and have a snack.
10:05 - I get the phone call we can move our closing date up to Friday. I make arrangements with Paul to make that happen.
10:30 - I put the kids in our little red wagon and we go on an adventure to the mailbox. On the way there, one of my neighbors tells me my kids are cute.
I say thank you.
He says that it looks like big workout to pull them up the hill.
I say I'll be buff in no time.
He says 'Mama, you lookin' guuud.'
I say thank you.
10:46 - I make lunch, heavily supervised by two toddlers. They think speghetti-os and strawberry yogurt are awesome. They actually eat 3 bites each of the broccoli. While they eat lunch I make dinner.
11:15 - More jumping on the bed, playing with hats and boots, and double poopy diaper changes.
12:02- Charlotte is picked up by her Mommy.
12:28 - Isaac and I go lay down to nurse and take a nap.
12:55 - I sneak away and get on the computer and check email. I get the electric turned on at our new address, I fill out the online change of address form, and get directions to the water office to turn on the water at our new place. And I eat a banana and peanut butter sandwich and broccoli.
1:15 - Isaac gets up from his nap and walks to out to the living room by himself. He's grumpy this time. After some cuddles, we put shoes on and go get a milkshake. Then drive to Temple to the water office.
2:35 - We arrive at the water office and turn the water on. The lady helping us comments on Isaac's beautiful eyes no less than 7 times.
3:40 - We get home. I check the oil in the car and clean out the car a little bit while Isaac plays with chalk and watches what I do closely.
3:48 - Isaac picks out a video to watch while I call a couple of other people needed for the whole moving thing (realtor, house cleaner, movers). I also call around looking for someone who is available to watch Isaac Friday morning while we close on the house.
4:18 - We go play in the garage. Isaac uses the screwdriver to 'fix' Paul's old bicycle and the garage door. I pack garage things in boxes and sweep some. We go inside and play tickles. Isaac starts labeling things 'da' and 'my.' 'My' is what he calls Charlotte. So her things, like the coloring we did today and the napkin I hadn't picked up yet were 'my my' and his coloring and his toys were 'da.' So cute!
5:28 - I heated up dinner in the microwave. Skillet grilled chicken and steamed mixed veggies, if you were wondering. Isaac 'fixes' more things in the garage.
5:40 - Paul gets home and we have dinner.
6:10 - Isaac gets a bath, pjs, and playtime in his room. I clean up after dinner and tidy the kitchen.
7:03 - Isaac and I sit in the chair in his room to nurse. Paul take his shower.
7:21 - I put Isaac in his crib and go clean up the living room. Normally Paul cleans the living room but I'd asked him to get oil to put in the car and he did that instead.
7:35 - I take my shower and Paul does his prep for tomorrow. He makes his lunch, puts his phone and mp3 player on the charger, empties the litter box, and packs his Army bag. I load the dishwasher and check email.
8:12 - Paul and I sit down to watch some tv.
That's where we are right now. What happens next is Paul and I will go to bed about 10.

I know, we're SO exciting.

I'm always interested in other people's schedules. So that was our schedule... today.

No comments:

Post a Comment