Popular Posts

Toronto's Molson Beer Vats

I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I saw the six humongous Molson Coors beer vats parked on the side of the road. With the weather being cold (it is winter and all) I thought I might see a blue mountain on the side of the large cans saying that the beer was the right temperature. When I didn't find the blue mountain I looked for the mug handles, figuring these babies were made for Octoberfest and some buxom beer maid carrying all six mugs in her hands - no go with the handles either. For some reason they have no beer in the containers. Noooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Made in Germany each large fermenting unit holds almost 1 million bottles of beer (now that's a keg). The trip to the Toronto Brewery is a logistical nightmare and to reduce transportation and traffic issues the convoy travels at night, parking during the day along the side of the road. They have a twitter account documenting the movement and his latest tweet ends with "Cheers"! Mmm, beer.
I wasted a bunch of time waiting for this vat to move but after a few hours I found out that it is staying where it  is beside the Steam Whistle Brewery.

No comments:

Post a Comment